Operating in a climate-neutral way
We are working towards making our operationsclimate-neutral by 2030. The government believes it should set an example and therefore aims to show results by 2030 instead of in 2050. We have signed up to this, too; a sustainable existence goes beyond financial stability and must include climate and environmental safety.
We will gain insight into our organisation’s carbon footprint and the aims and structural measures needed to reduce our CO2emissions with the help of the CO2 Performance Ladder. This is a management system to be introduced and used across governmental organisations. We expect to receive certification in early 2024.carbon footprintCO2 emissions
Our carbon footprint
We already know what our carbon footprint for 2021 and 2022 was. We have been finding ways to reduce our carbon footprint for years already. As a result, our CO2 emissions, which were almost 10,000 tonnes in 2009, fell to just around 4,300 tonnes in 2022 (the 2009 emissions total was calculated differently, so a strict comparison with 2021 and 2022 is not possible).
By the end of 2023, we will have policy in place to reduce our CO2 emissions. We will also post it on our website for you to read.
Breakdown and images of our CO2 emissions for 2021 and 2022
See the categories listed in order of size of emissions:
Breakdown of CO2 emissions for 2021
Total emissions equals 4,869 tonnes.
- 73% Electricity – 3,537 tonnes
- 20% Natural gas heating – 970 tonnes
- 4% District heating – 191 tonnes
- 2% Travel for work (private car) – 116 tonnes
- 1% Own vehicle fleet – 29 tonnes
- 0% Public transport kilometres – 17 tonnes
- 0% Air travel – 9 tonnes
Breakdown of CO2 emissions for 2022
Total emissions equals 4,266 tonnes.
- 73% Electricity – 3,134 tonnes
- 14% Natural gas heating – 613 tonnes
- 5% Travel for work (private car) – 213 tonnes
- 4% District heating – 155 tonnes
- 2% Air travel – 75 tonnes
- 1% Public transport kilometres – 48 tonnes
- 1% Own vehicle fleet – 27 tonnes
These figures were published again on 4 October 2023 due to an adjustment.