You are going to live or work outside the Netherlands

If you start living or working outside the Netherlands, your insurance under the AOW old age pension scheme and the Anw survivor benefit will probably stop. This is also true if you are going to study or do an internship outside the Netherlands or if you are going on a round-the-world trip.

If your insurance stops, your AOW pension will stop growing and your partner and children will not be able to get an Anw survivor benefit in the event of your death.