Applications relating to special situations

If you are going to request an A1 certificate (certificate of coverage), check first to see whether a special situation applies to your employee or your company.

Choose the option that best describes your employee's or your company's situation.

If your employee does not live in the Netherlands and they are working in the Netherlands and at least 1 other EU country, you can ask the social security organisation in the country where your employee lives to take a decision on where they are insured.

If that organisation decides that your employee is covered by the Dutch social insurance schemes, you can send us a paper application form for an A1 certificate. Remember to send the written decision of the non-Dutch social security organisation with your application.

You will not be able to apply online if your business is based outside the Netherlands. Instead, you can download the application form and send it to us by post.

It is obligatory that you inform the authorities in Sweden about this beforehand. You can do this via the website of the Swedish Work Environment Authority. You do not have to do this if your employee works less than 5 days in total in Sweden.

You must submit your application within 3 months after your employee leaves the Netherlands.

You should apply for a certificate before the start of your employee’s posting. You can expect the certificate to be issued within 6 months of the application date.