If you are going to live outside the Netherlands

If you receive an Anw benefit and you are going to live outside the Netherlands, this may affect your benefit. In some countries, you will only be able to receive part of your benefit, or no benefit at all.

If you want to know if anything will change for you, please contact us and we will find out for you.

What else will change?

  • In some countries, you will have to pay tax on your Anw benefit. In that case, your benefit will not be taxed in the Netherlands
  • You will pay a different health care contribution (Zvw contribution). The Zvw scheme provides for insurance against medical expenses. If you get a Dutch healthcare benefit, this could also change
  • If you also get child benefit (AKW), that will probably stop
  • You will stop being automatically insured for a Dutch old-age pension (AOW pension). If you want, you can take out voluntary AOW insurance