Applying for a DigiD if you live outside the Netherlands and receive an AOW pension
If you receive an AOW pension or you have received a letter from us stating that you will soon start to receive an AOW pension, you can apply to us for a DigiD.
Add SMS verification immediately or download the DigiD app. This is the easiest way to log in safely.
How to apply for a DigiD via My SVB
Find out what you will need to have ready and view the application procedure step by step.
To apply for a DigiD, you need to have the following:
- a Burgerservicenummer (BSN)
- a mobile phone
- an email address
You do not need Dutch nationality in order to apply for a DigiD.
Apply for a DigiD with SMS verification via My SVB and follow the steps:
- Fill in your details
- Click ‘Next’
- We will check your information immediately
- If your information matches the information in our records, you will automatically be directed to the DigiD website, where you can continue with your application
- Choose your own username and password
- Enter your mobile number
- You will now get an SMS
- Enter the SMS code
- Wait for the letter from DigiD with the code to activate your DigiD
You will receive a letter from DigiD with a code to activate your DigiD. The code is valid for 45 days. Make sure you activate your DigiD on time.
When you have activated your DigiD, you can install the DigiD app. Using the app is the easiest way to log in safely.
Install the DigiD app using SMS verification. You can read how to do this on the DigiD website.
If you do not have SMS verification, you can only start using the DigiD app after an initial ID check. You can watch a video about this on the DigiD website (only in Dutch).
You will need the following for an ID check:
- Dutch nationality
- a valid Dutch passport, identity card or driving licence containing a chip with your personal details
- a smartphone with an NFC reader