When must you report a change?
Always report changes on time
If there is a change in your situation, you must let us know within 4 weeks if you are still living in the Netherlands. If you live outside the Netherlands, you can report a change to us within 6 weeks. To avoid a fine, you must report a change to us on time.
Read the information here carefully so you know what you have to do.
If you are still living in the Netherlands
If you have not moved to your country of birth yet, you must inform us of the following changes in your situation:
- You have decided not to remigrate after all
- The date you are going to leave has changed
- The number of family members who are leaving with you has changed
If you live outside the Netherlands
If you are already living in your remigration country, you must tell us if there is a change in any of the following situations.
- You get married
- You start living with someone without being married
- You get divorced
- You and your partner separate or divorce
- Your child under 18 gets married or starts living with a partner
- A child is born
- A family member dies
- You or your partner moves house
- You or your partner moves to another country
- You or your partner starts living in the Netherlands again
- One of your family members is going to live in the Netherlands again
- The amount of your Dutch benefit changes
- The amount of your partner’s Dutch benefit changes
- You or your partner starts receiving money from the Netherlands for the first time, for example a pension or benefit
- You or your partner is sent to prison, a detention centre or a closed treatment facility
- You or your partner is ordered to go to prison, a detention centre or a closed treatment facility, but refuses to go