What is a cross-border commuter?

A cross-border commuter is someone who goes back and forth between 2 countries to work, study or do business. 

You are also regarded as a cross-border commuter if you live in one country and receive a benefit from the other country. 

As a cross-border commuter, you may find that you are covered by the social insurance legislation of 2 different countries. If you commute across the Dutch-Belgian border or the Dutch-German border and you would like more information, please contact us.

The Grensinfopunt website

If you are a cross-border commuter and you want to know what this means for you and your family, go to the Grensinfopunt website and fill in the details of your situation to find out more.