Logging in with DigiD
With your DigiD, you can prove who you are if you log in to My SVB. You can then view the details we have on you. You can also report a change or fill in a claim form.
With the DigiD app or your DigiD with SMS verification
Your DigiD consists of a username and password. By logging in with the DigiD app or your DigiD with SMS verification, you can manage your affairs yourself and better protect your data. No one else can view your data, even if they have your password.
Read more about logging in with DigiD
Choose what you want to know more about:
Select your situation and read how to apply for a DigiD.
The easiest way to log in safely is by using the DigiD app.
- Download the app. You will need a mobile device with operating system iOS (version 10 or higher) or Android (version 6.0 or higher).
- Activate the app. How you do this will depend on your DigiD account (for example, by using an ID check, SMS code or a letter). Read more about how to activate the app on the DigiD website.
- Use the app to log in to My SVB
Log in securely in 2 steps using an SMS code. Add SMS verification via the DigiD app or the DigiD website.
- Log in to My DigiD
- Select ‘SMS verification’ or ‘verification via SMS’
- Select ‘via the DigiD app’ or ‘by letter’
- Enter your telephone number
- You will receive an SMS code (this can be a spoken message)
- Enter the SMS code
You can activate SMS verification immediately in the DigiD app. If you chose ‘by letter’, you will receive your activation code by post within 3 days.
If you have a DigiD and you live outside the Netherlands, you can still use the DigiD app or log in with SMS verification. Read how to arrange this on the DigiD website.
You can manage more and more of your affairs online, including your affairs with the SVB. This often involves personal or privacy-sensitive information. Whether you want to claim an AOW pension or simply report a change, protection of your personal data remains paramount. The Dutch government ensures that login procedures are secure, to protect your information.
The easiest way to log in securely is by using the DigiD app. Alternatively, you can log in by entering a username and password and an SMS code. In either case, you will need to have a smartphone. If you need help managing your affairs or if someone else needs your help, you can use ‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation).
‘DigiD Machtigen’ allows you to authorise a person of your choice to manage your affairs online at My SVB. You must never give your personal login details to anyone. The person you authorise must have a DigiD themselves and use their DigiD to log in to My SVB.