You have a new baby

If you are pregnant or you have just had a baby, you may have questions, for example whether to register your baby for health insurance, or how to apply for a passport or identity card for your baby?

Applying for child benefit

Applying for child benefit is easy. After you register your baby with your municipality (gemeente), you will automatically receive a letter from can then apply for child benefit online via My SVB.

What else you need to do

Answer the following questions and find out what else you need to do.