Temporary childcare compensation scheme for parents who are not entitled to government compensation (TTKZO)

Applications for compensation under the TTKZO scheme could be submitted until 15 July 2021.

Below is a short explanation of the TTKZO scheme, the conditions you had to meet in order to qualify for compensation, and how to apply for compensation.

To be eligible for compensation, you have to meet the following conditions:

  • You or your partner did not receive any reimbursements for personal contributions to childcare (TTKO) in July or October 2020, and have not received any reimbursements in 2021
  • You or your partner continued to pay for childcare when your childcare facility was closed
  • You or your partner apply for compensation for the hours you paid for, and for which you have not received any compensation, or only received partial compensation, from your municipality
  • Your child goes to a childcare facility that has been recognised by the government. All officially recognised childcare facilities are listed in the National Childcare Register (LRK) and will have an LRK reference number. You can check this on the LRK website. If you cannot find your childcare facility in the LRK, ask the facility what their LRK reference number is

Only the person named on the invoices can apply for compensation.

  • A childcare statement ('Verklaring kinderopvang') completed by your childcare facility
    To make your application, you need a ‘Verklaring kinderopvang’. Ask your childcare facility to complete and sign this statement. If you had more than one contract for a child during the period when the childcare facility was closed, the facility must complete a separate statement for each child and for each contract. 

  • Collect together your childcare invoices
    Collect together all the childcare invoices you paid for the months when the childcare facility was closed. Make sure the invoices are in PDF, JPG or JPEG format. Most child care facilities will allow you to download the invoices if you log on to their website.

You must apply via My SVB between 15 May and 15 July 2021.

Please note that you can only apply once. If you want to apply for several children or several contracts, you must apply for everything in one go.

If you have already submitted an application for a child or contract via My SVB, you can no longer apply for any other children or contracts.

Childcare facilities were closed for the following 2 periods:

First period of closure:

  • 16 March 2020 to 10 May 2020 for child daycare and childminders
  • 16 March 2020 to 7 June 2020 for centres for out-of-school care (BSO)

Second period of closure:

  • 16 December 2020 to 7 February 2021 for child daycare and childminders
  • 16 December 2020 to 18 April 2021 for centres for out-of-school care (BSO)

If your contract was for part of the period of closure, you will only receive compensation for this shorter period.