Temporary childcare compensation scheme for parents who are not entitled to government compensation (TTKZO)
The application form in My SVB, the childcare statement and the letters are only available in Dutch. If you want to apply for compensation under the TTKZO scheme but cannot read Dutch, we would advise you to seek help from someone who can.
Below is a short explanation of the TTKZO scheme, the conditions you have to meet in order to qualify for compensation, and how to apply for compensation.
To be eligible for compensation, you have to meet the following conditions:
- You or your partner did not receive any reimbursements for personal contributions to childcare (TTKO) for the period from 21 December 2021 to 9 January 2022
- You or your partner continued to pay for childcare when your childcare facility was closed
- You or your partner have not received any compensation, or only received partial compensation, from your municipality for the hours you paid for
- Your child goes to a government-accredited out-of-school childcare facility. All officially accredited out-of-school childcare facilities are listed in the National Childcare Register (LRK) and will have an LRK reference number. You can check this on the LRK website. If you cannot find your childcare facility in the LRK, ask the facility what their LRK reference number is
Only the person named on the invoices can apply for compensation.
Apply for compensation via My SVB.
You should submit one application for all children and all contracts.
To submit your application via My SVB, you need the following:
- a DigiD or another valid EU Login
- your child’s Burgerservicenummer (BSN)
If you apply via My SVB, make sure you have collected all the documents and information you need to send with your application before logging in.
If you do not have a valid login or your child’s BSN, you can only apply using a paper application form. To request an application form, please telephone us between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday. We will then send you the form by post.
- A childcare statement ('Verklaring kinderopvang') completed by your childcare facility
To make your application, you need a ‘Verklaring kinderopvang’. Ask your childcare facility to complete and sign this statement. If you had more than one contract for a child during the period when the childcare facility was closed, the facility must complete a separate statement for each child and for each contract.
- Collect together your childcare invoices
Collect together all the childcare invoices you paid for the period from 1 December 2021 to 31 January 2022. Make sure the invoices are in PDF, JPG or JPEG format. Most childcare facilities will allow you to download the invoices if you log on to their website.
You must apply via My SVB between 1 October 2022 and 1 December 2022.
Please note that you can only apply once. If you want to apply for several children or several contracts, you must apply for everything in one go.
If you have already submitted an application for a child or contract via My SVB, you can no longer apply for any other children or contracts.
The out-of-school childcare facility was closed from 21 December 2021 to 9 January 2022.
If your contract was for part of the period of closure, you will only receive compensation for this shorter period.