The Long-term Care Act (Wlz)

Application for Wlz insurance assessment

We can establish whether someone is insured under the Wlz scheme. How to submit an application for an assessment is explained below.

Submitting an application for yourself

You can submit your application in two different ways:

1. Online using you DigiD code

Log on with your DigiD code and fill in the form on your computer screen. You can sign and submit your application online using your DigiD code.

If you are leaving the Netherlands temporarily, for example, to do an internship or to go travelling around the world as a backpacker, please bear in mind that we will not be able to send you a statement until you have actually started your internship or world trip. Do not submit your application any earlier than 8 weeks before your departure.

2. Using a paper form

First print out the form, then fill it in and sign it and send it to us by post.

Submitting an application for your child

If you want to submit an application for a child under 18, you need to use a paper form. First print the form, then fill it in and send it to us by post. If your child is 18 or over, he or she must apply for an assessment him or herself.

Submitting an application if you work in two or more EU or EEA Member States or Switzerland

In that case, you should apply to us for a statement regarding the applicable social insurance legislation (A1/certificate of coverage).