About the SVB
We take client confidentiality extremely seriously. Not only because we believe it is important to do so, but also because we have a legal obligation to protect our clients' details under the Personal Data Protection Act (WBP). If you have sent personal details to us, or if we have obtained personal details on you from another organization, e.g. your municipality, you have the right to know what we do with your details.
We will only forward your details to a third party if:
- we are legally obliged to do so. For example, we may forward details of your pension or benefit to the Tax Administration (Belastingdienst), or
- another organization needs the details to implement its tasks under public law. For example, to check whether you are still entitled to an AIO supplement, or
- you have given us permission to forward your details.
You can request to know what details we hold on you
You can contact your SVB office to request to know what details we hold on you. You will then receive a letter within 4 weeks containing the following:
- an overview of the personal details we hold on you
- an explanation of what we do with those details
- an explanation of how we acquired the details
- a list of organizations with which we exchange your details
If you have a DigiD code, you can view many of your details via My SVB. Apart from your personal details, you can see how much you have built up in AOW pension rights, or check specifications of payments we have made to you. However, we cannot make all your details available via My SVB. If you would like to see further details, you can make an appointment to view your file at your SVB office.
If a child is under 16, only his or her legal representative, such as a parent or guardian, can ask to view the personal details. We will then give the details to the legal representative.
Whenever you enter information on our website, the start and end time of the session will be recorded, as will the IP address of the computer you are using.
Cookies do not contain personal details