Child benefit

A change of address

If you and your whole family move house within the Netherlands, you do not have to report this to us. Once you have reported your move to your local authorities (gemeente), they will inform us of your new address. If you live outside the Netherlands, you must always report a change of address.

When to report a change of address

You must report a change of address to us in the following situations:

  • You live outside the Netherlands
  • You live in the Netherlands and a family member moves house (so that not all the family members are still living at the same address)
  • You have been living in the Netherlands and you and your family move to another country
  • You start living in the Netherlands

Moving to another country could affect your child benefit.