What counts as income?
Income received by your child may affect your entitlement to child benefit. It is therefore important to know what is considered as income for child benefit purposes.
We take the following income into account
- wages or salary
- income from own enterprise
- provisions from an employer, such as board and lodging
- payment for practical training programmes
- money reimbursed by an employer for e.g. travelling expenses, clothing, safety goggles
- tax refunds
- unemployment benefit or sickness benefit
Income that is not taken into account
- pocket money
- interest from a savings account
- holiday pay