Exemption from compulsory insurance under the AOW, Anw, AKW and Wlz schemes
You can apply for exemption from compulsory insurance under the AOW, Anw, AKW and Wlz schemes if you are the partner or family member of a person who works for an international organization such as NATO or the European Union.
You will qualify for exemption if:
- you live in the Netherlands, and
- you do not work in the Netherlands, and
- you do not receive a Dutch benefit (with the exception of an AOW old age pension), and
- you are not covered under the social insurance scheme of the international organization, and
- you have sufficient coverage under the collective health insurance scheme of the international organization. This insurance must include hospital care and long-term care in care homes or nursing homes.
Applying for exemption
To apply for exemption, download the application form or call our office in Amstelveen on number (020) 656 54 39 and ask them to send you the form.