Apply for a DigiD code and manage your SVB affairs online
A DigiD code allows you to manage your government-related affairs online. That includes your pension or benefit from the SVB. With a DigiD code, you can easily report a change or view your details.
If you live in the Netherlands
You live outside the Netherlands and you have an AOW pension, or you have received a letter informing you that you will start receiving one.
You can apply for a DigiD code via My SVB if:
- you have received a letter from us stating that you will soon start to receive an AOW pension, or
- you already receive an AOW pension, and
- you have a Burgerservicenummer (BSN) or SoFi number.
Below, you can read how to apply for a DigiD code via My SVB and how to activate your DigiD code online.
If you apply for a DigiD code via the DigiD website, you will have to activate it at a service desk in or outside the Netherlands.
You live outside the Netherlands and do not yet receive an AOW pension and have not received a letter informing you that you are entitled to an AOW pension
You can apply for a DigiD code online via the DigiD website and collect your DigiD code from a service desk in or outside the Netherlands.
You can only apply for a DigiD code if you:
- have Dutch nationality, and
- have a valid Dutch passport or identity card, and
- have a Burgerservicenummer (BSN), and
- are registered in the Register of Non-Residents (RNI), and
- have a mobile phone which can receive SMS text messages both in the Netherlands and abroad, and
- have an email address.
For more information about applying for a DigiD code at a service desk in or outside the Netherlands, go the the DigiD website.
You do not want a DigiD code, or you cannot yet request a DigiD code
Of course, it will remain possible for you to continue to manage your affairs in the manner to which you are accustomed. You can choose between the links below: