When will you receive your child benefit?
Our child benefit payments will be remitted to all the banks on the following dates:
Payment dates for 2017
- 2 January 2017: child benefit for the 4th quarter of 2016
- 3 April 2017: child benefit for the 1st quarter of 2017
- 3 July 2017: child benefit for the 2nd quarter of 2017
- 2 October 2017: child benefit for the 3rd quarter of 2017
When will the payment be credited to your account?
We have agreed with the banks that they will pay the money into your account the same day. Your own bank will decide at precisely what time the payment is made.
When will you receive child benefit for the first time?
To establish as from which quarter you are entitled to child benefit, we look at the first day of the quarter.
- Your child was born on 12 April (in the 2nd quarter). On the first day of the quarter, your child had not yet been born. You are therefore not entitled to child benefit until the 3rd quarter. You will receive our first payment after the end of the 3rd quarter, on 2 October.
- Your child was born on 1 April (the first day of the 2nd quarter). You are therefore entitled to child benefit for the 2nd quarter. You will receive our first payment on 3 July.
As from which quarter will you receive the higher child benefit amount?
If your child benefit is increased because your child has turned 6 or 12, we look at the first day of the quarter to determine when the higher amount will be paid. If you have a child aged 6 or 12 on the first day of a quarter, you will receive the higher amount for that quarter. The payment will be made after the end of the quarter.