Child benefit

Claiming child benefit

You recently started living or working in the Netherlands

If you recently arrived in the Netherlands to live or work here, you may qualify for Dutch child benefit. You need a DigiD code to claim child benefit. If you do not have a DigiD code, please see the explanation under 'How to apply for a DigiD code'.

To claim Dutch child benefit, go to My SVB and fill in the online claim form. You can choose between a claim form in English and one in Dutch. Please note that even if you choose the English form, the rest of My SVB is in Dutch.

Submit your claim

  • First, choose English or Dutch
  • Log in to My SVB with your DigiD code
  • Fill in the claim form

How to apply for a DigiD code

To claim child benefit, you need a DigiD code. Applying for a DigiD code can only be done in Dutch; however, an explanation is available in English. Make sure you have your Burgerservicenummer (BSN) ready.

If you are unable to apply for a DigiD code

In that case, please get in touch with us. We will send you a child benefit claim form within a few days.