Child benefit

Applying for child benefit

You live outside the Netherlands and wish to claim Dutch child benefit

You can claim Dutch child benefit if you live in an EU/EEA Member State or another country with which the Netherlands has a social security agreement, and you are insured under the Dutch child benefit scheme (AKW). You should let us know via My SVB or by contacting us in another way that you wish to claim child benefit. We will then send you a claim form.