International secondment

You are an employee

If you are going to work outside the Netherlands permanently, you will cease to be covered under the Dutch social insurance schemes for e.g. old age pension, child benefit and incapacity for work. Instead, you will be insured in the country where you work. If you start working for your employer outside the Netherlands temporarily, you will often remain insured in the Netherlands. We refer to this as 'secondment'.

If you are a director and major shareholder (DGA), or if you work for your own private limited company (BV), we will treat you as self-employed.