What should be included in the contract?
If you plan to take in a tenant or a lodger, or if you are going to be a tenant or a lodger yourself, you should make sure the contract includes the following points so that it meets the requirements:
- a brief description: state whether the agreement is for tenancy or board and lodging
- your name and the name(s) of the other occupant(s)
- the address of the accommodation
- the commencement date and term of the contract
- a description of the rented accommodation and shared areas
- the amount of the rent
- if applicable, a description of services or care provided
- the price of services or care provided
- arrangements concerning periodical price adjustments
The amounts agreed on for rent and, if applicable, services or care must be commercial markt prices - not special or give-away prices. The SVB may require proof of this.
Use model agreements
You can download a model agreement that meets all the requirements of a commercial relationship.