Anw survivor benefit

Survivor benefit from outside the Netherlands

If your partner worked outside the Netherlands in the past, you may also be entitled to a survivor benefit from another country.

The SVB can submit a claim on your behalf to the organization(s) where your partner was insured. This arrangement only applies to the following countries:

  • Member states of the EU (European Union) or the EEA (European Economic Area)
  • countries with which the Netherlands has a social security agreement.

If your partner worked in a country not referred to above, you will have to contact the social insurance organization(s) where your partner was insured yourself.

Your Anw benefit may change

If you are awarded a survivor benefit from a country other than the Netherlands, you must let us know, because it could affect your Anw benefit.