Anw survivor benefit

Verification of payments to other countries

If you live outside the Netherlands and you receive an Anw survivor benefit, we will send you a form about your personal situation once or twice a year. You will have to answer some questions, for example, about your income or your domestic situation, or we will ask you to send us a life certificate.

A life certificate

In the event of your death, your entitlement to Anw suvivor benefit will end. To check that you are alive, we will send you a form that must be completed and certified by a competent authority, for example, your municipality, the police or a notary public. Precise instructions will be given in the letter enclosed with the form. In some countries, special arrangements are in place, or we may receive the necessary information in another way.

Your income

The amount of your Anw survivor benefit is related to your income. Every year, we will send you a form asking you to report your income. You also have to report any changes in your income by letter or via My SVB.

Your domestic situation

You will receive your Anw survivor benefit as long as you continue to live alone or or with your child. If you live with another adult and you take care of each other, you are considered to be sharing a household, and your entitlement to survivor benefit will end. In some cases, we may pay a home visit to check your domestic situation and see whether you have any other income in addition to your survivor benefit.