What should be included in the contract?
If you are planning to take in a tenant or a lodger, you should make sure the contract includes the following points so that it meets the requirements:
- whether the contract is for tenancy or board and lodging
- your name and the name(s) of the other occupant(s)
- the address of the accommodation
- the commencement date and term of the contract
- a description of the rented accommodation and shared areas
- the amount of the rent
- a description of any services or care provided
- the price of any services or care provided
- arrangements about periodical price adjustments
Download a model contract that meets all the requirements for a commercial relationship.