You live in the same house as your tenant or landlord/landlady
When are you considered to have a commercial relationship?
You have a commercial relationship if you live in the same house as someone and you meet the following conditions:
- you have a written tenancy or lodging contract
- the contract states general market prices, not special low prices amounts for friends or relatives
- your home is suitable for renting out separate accommodation.
- reportable income from rent is reported to the Tax Administration (Belastingdienst)
- you have documentary evidence of rent/letting, e.g. a contract, bank statements or, if applicable, a tax return
The amount of your AIO supplement will stay the same
If you have a commercial relationship with the person you live in the same house with, you will continue to receive income support at the rate for a single person.