If you want to apply for a DigiD
With your DigiD, you can log in to My SVB. You can then view your details, report a change, upload a document or authorise someone else to manage your affairs.
You can only log in to My SVB using DigiD with SMS verification or by using the DigiD app. Make sure you arrange for this immediately when you apply for a DigiD.
How to apply for a DigiD
You live in the Netherlands
You can apply for a DigiD immediately on the DigiD website. If you already have a DigiD and you want to add SMS verification, you can do that on the DigiD website too.
You live outside the Netherlands
You can apply for a DigiD online via the DigiD website and collect your DigiD from a service desk in or outside the Netherlands.
To apply for a DigiD, you need to have the following:
- Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- a valid passport or identity card
- a Burgerservicenummer (BSN)
- registration in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI)
- a mobile telephone that can receive SMS messages
- an email address
- More information about DigiD on the DigiD website You will be directed to an external website. This will open in a new screen.
- More information about the Non-residents Records Database (RNI) on the website of the Dutch government (Rijksoverheid) You will be directed to an external website. This will open in a new screen.
- View the list of EU and EEA Member States
‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation) at the SVB
If you want to authorise someone else to arrange your affairs with us online at My SVB, or if someone else wants to authorise you, you can use ‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation).