DigiD Machtigen (DigiD Authorisation)

If you want someone else to manage your affairs for you online, you can do this securely using ‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation).

If you are going to manage someone else’s affairs for them, you can be authorised to be their DigiD representative.

Choose what you want to know more about:

  • If you want to manage your affairs via My SVB, you can authorise another person to help you, if necessary, by using DigiD Machtigen (DigiD Authorisation)
  • DigiD Machtigen is secure. You can decide for yourself who you want to be your representative and manage your affairs via My SVB. You will not be asked to disclose your own DigiD to anyone.
  • You and your representative do not have to be in the same place to manage your affairs. An extra check is often carried out using an SMS code so that your personal data is even better protected

You can decide for yourself which person you want to authorise. You can choose a member of your family or, for example, your tax adviser or a social worker.

You can only authorise someone who also has a DigiD. In order to manage your affairs online, that person will have to log in with their own DigiD.

Exception: it is not yet possible to authorise an administrator using DigiD Machtigen (DigiD Authorisation).

Your representative can: 

  • view your personal details and documents in My SVB
  • report a change, submit an application, send a message or upload documents on your behalf via My SVB
  • view your post from us in their own Message Box (Berichtenbox) at MijnOverheid. This is only possible if you have chosen to receive post from us electronically.

When you authorise someone to represent you, they are acting on your instruction. This means that you will still be responsible for making sure that your affairs with us are managed properly and on time. 

This could be a family member or an acquaintance, but also, for example, one of your neighbours.

You can apply for a DigiD yourself, or you can ask the person you want to manage your affairs to apply for it. 

In some situations, you and your representative will have to use our authorisation form. This is the case if your representative:

  • requests information from us, either in person or in writing
  • wants to give us information, either in person or in writing
  • needs us to send your post directly to them 
  • requests or wants to change or add to your personal details, in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 

You cannot use ‘DigiD Machtigen’ for the PGB (personal budget scheme). 

However, as an authorised person, you can arrange PGB-related affairs in other ways, including online.