If you want to apply for a DigiD
With your DigiD, you can log in to My SVB. You can then view your details, report a change, upload a document or authorise someone else to manage your affairs.
‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation) at the SVB
If you want to authorise someone else to arrange your affairs with us online at My SVB, or if someone else wants to authorise you, you can use ‘DigiD Machtigen’ (DigiD Authorisation).
How to apply for a DigiD
Select your situation and read how to apply for a DigiD.
If you are already receiving an AOW pension, or you have had a letter from us informing you that you will soon start receiving an AOW pension, you can apply for a DigiD, provided you have a Burgerservicenummer ( BSN).
If you do not have a Burgerservicenummer (BSN), you can have yourself registered in the Register of Non-Residents ( RNI). You will then be given a BSN.
How to apply for a DigiD via My SVB
- Click on the link ‘Apply for a DigiD via My SVB’. Fill in the following details: your first name, surname, date of birth, BSN and country of residence
- Your details are then compared with the information we have for you in our system. If they are the same, you will be redirected automatically to the DigiD website
- Fill in your user name and password
- A letter with your DigiD activation code will be sent to your home address
- You will have 45 days to activate your DigiD on the DigiD website. You can then use My SVB
You can apply for a DigiD online via the DigiD website and collect your DigiD from a service desk in or outside the Netherlands.
To apply for a DigiD, you need to have the following:
- Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country of the European Economic Area ( EEA)
- a valid passport or identity card
- A Burgerservicenummer ( BSN)
- registration in the Register of Non-Residents ( RNI)
- a mobile telephone that can receive SMS messages
- an email address