Extra financial support
If you have a partner (who is also your partner for tax purposes), and you or your partner has either no income or a very low income, you may qualify for extra financial support in addition to your TOG care allowance. This is a fixed amount per household. It makes no difference whether you look after one or more children.
You can get extra financial support if:
- you had a partner for tax purposes over the whole of 2012
- you or your partner looks after a child who is seriously ill or disabled
- you received the full TOG allowance for the whole of 2012 (1 January until 31 December 2012)
- one partner's income does not exceed € 4,814 per year. The other partner's income is not taken into account
What do we mean by a "partner for tax purposes"?
If you are married or in a registered partnership, you will automatically be each other's partner for tax purposes. You can also be someone's partner for tax purposes if you just live with a partner. For more information, visit the site Belastingdienst.
What do we mean by "income"?
By income, we mean:
- taxable wages, and taxable pensions and benefits. (This includes wages and pensions or benefits from outside the Netherlands)
- taxable results from other activities, such as income from work as a freelancer, home help, performing artist or professional sportsperson
- taxable profits from business activities. For example, if you are an entrepreneur or business person.
- payments from a Personal Budget (PGB), if you are a care provider
- a national assistance benefit (WWB). If you and your partner receive a national assistance beneft for a married couple, half of the amount will count as income for each of you
The amount of the extra financial support
The amount of the extra financial support is € 1,460 per year (for 2012). This will be paid as a lump sum after the end of the year.
How to claim the extra financial support
If you meet the conditions, you will receive a letter by the end of January at the latest explaining how you can claim extra financial support under the TOG scheme. You then have until 1 December of that year to submit your claim.