Check whether you qualify for a TOG care allowance
You can get a TOG care allowance for a severely ill or disabled child if:
- you live or work in the Netherlands, and
- the child lives at home with you in the Netherlands, and
- the child is 3 or over and under 18, and
- your child has an AWBZ indication (under the National Act on Exceptional Medical Expenses, AWBZ) and/or a ZG certificate (for a sensory handicap), for an average of 10 hours of care of more per week, and
- you do not receive any commercial remuneration from the Netherlands or another country for the care provided, and
- you do not receive any other payment from the Netherlands or another country that is similar in nature to the TOG allowance.
You can find more information in the leaflets about the TOG scheme on the TOG leaflets page. This website also contains information on the AWBZ indication.