How to claim a remigration grant or benefit
To claim a remigration grant and/or remigration benefit, you have to fill in a claim form and return it to our office in Leiden together with a number of documents.
You can obtain a claim form in the following ways:
- download it from this page
- call our office in Leiden on number (071) 512 9040. We will send you a claim form straight away.
contact the Netherlands Migration Institute (NMI). They can also help you complete the form.
Enclose documentary evidence
You must enclose a number of documents with your claim.
Always send the following:
Copies of a passport (or other proof of identity) for yourself, your partner, your children and anyone else remigrating with you.
Depending on your situation, we may also need other documents:
- If you or your partner does not have Dutch nationality, you must send us a copy of the residence permit.
- If there has been a change in the name or date of birth of you or your partner during your stay in the Netherlands, send documentary evidence of this.
- If you are moving to a country of which you are not a national, you must send proof that you are permitted to live in that country.
- If your partner already lives in the country you are moving to, you must send proof that your partner is alive and that you are married or in a registered partnership.
- If your children already live in the country you are moving to, you must send proof that they are alive.
- If a foster child moves with you, you must send proof that the child's parent or guardian agrees to this.
- If you are in debt to the Dutch authorities, you must send proof that you are settling the debt.