What counts as income?
Your child's income could affect your child benefit. It is therefore important to know what type of income we take into account.
We take the following income into account
- wages or salary;
- income from own enterprise;
- provisions from an employer, such as board and lodging;
- payment for practical training programmes;
- money reimbursed by an employer for e.g. travelling expenses, clothing, safety goggles;
- tax refunds.
Income that is not taken into account
- pocket money;
- interest from a savings account.
- travelling expenses to and from work (2nd class public transport);
- work expenses, such as industrial clothing.