You have come to live and work in the Netherlands
If you come to live and work in the Netherlands and you have a child, you can get Dutch child benefit. This applies in the following cases:
- you have a valid residence permit, and
- you either have a work permit or you are from an EU country or Switzerland, and
- you do not have a secondment certificate from another country.
Non-Dutch child benefit
You or your partner may get child benefit from another country or from an international organization. This will be the case if:
- you or your partner works for an international organization, or
- you or your partner works for the government of another country, or
- you work in the Netherlands and your partner lives and works in another country.