Remember to report changes
If you receive an AOW pension and there is a change in your situation, you must report the change to us within 4 weeks (6 weeks if you live outside the Netherlands). You will then always receive the correct amount.
What changes do you have to report?If you live alone:
- you are going to live outside the Netherlands
- your nationality changes
- you get married or enter into a registered partnership
- you start living with a partner
- you have been detained or imprisoned
- you or your partner starts living outside the Netherlands
- you or your partner gets a different nationality
- your partner's income changes (only report this if your partner is under the AOW pension age).
- your income changes (only report this if you receive a supplementary allowance and your joint income is less than € 2,725 gross per month or your joint income, after having been over € 2,725 gross per month, becomes less than € 2,725 gross per month).
- you no longer live at the same address as your partner
- you and your partner are separating
- your partner dies (only if you and your partner live outside the Netherlands)
- you start living with someone else
- you or your partner has been detained or imprisoned
Report changes quickly and easily via the internet
You can report changes quickly and easily via My SVB at the right of this page. You can also phone your SVB office or write a letter. For more information, visit the page:
The SVB will check your details
We make sure that you always get the right amount. That is why we exchange information with your municipal authorities (gemeente), the Tax Administration (Belastingdienst) and other organizations. If it appears that you have not reported a change to us, we may impose a fine or an administrative sanction on you.